The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) recently elected new members for their Board of Directors who guide the strategic direction of the Foundation in order to meet the needs and better serve the credit union movement. The Foundation Board of Directors empowers the Foundation in it’s to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions.
The newly elected members are:
- Christine Cordell, SVP of Organizational Effectiveness at Hiway Federal Credit Union in Minnesota;
- Lily Newfarmer, President/CEO of Tarrant County’s Credit Union in Texas;
- Gerry Singleton, VP of CU System Relations at CUNA Mutual Group; and
- David Snodgrass, President/CEO of Lake Trust Credit Union in Michigan.
In addition to the new members mentioned above, the current members and officers of the Foundation Board are:
- Teresa Campbell, President/CEO of San Diego County Credit Union in California (Chair);
- John Sackett, Board Treasurer of Royal Credit Union in Wisconsin (Vice Chair);
- Robert Cashman, President/CEO of Metro Credit Union in Massachusetts (Treasurer);
- Jenny Vipperman, Chief Lending Officer at VyStar Credit Union in Florida (Secretary);
- Jim Nussle, President/CEO of CUNA in DC (President);
- Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Texas (ex officio);
- David Birky, EVP/Chief Strategy Officer of Interra Credit Union in Indiana;
- Dan Kampen, EVP/CFO of Bellco Credit Union in Colorado;
- Debra Keesee, CEO of Spokane Media Federal Credit Union in Washington;
- Tena Lozano, Executive Director of the RMJ Foundation in California;
- Patrick Pierce, CEO of City & County Credit Union in Minnesota;
- Howard Spencer, Board Member of Northland Area Federal Credit Union in Michigan;
- Brett Thompson, President/CEO of Wisconsin Credit Union League in Wisconsin; and
- Dean Young, EVP, Chief Experience Officer of PSCU in Florida.
Visit the Foundation’s website to learn more about the role of the board.