Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the 24th Annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF). Winners will be honored at the awards dinner on March 19, 2012 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
“The Wegner Awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement,” said Bucky Sebastian, NCUF Executive Director. “Therefore, we encourage credit union supporters from every state to nominate their best and brightest for the awards.”
Nominations need to be made by Friday, June 17 for the following awards:
- The Individual Achievement Award honors an unsung hero for innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that have made a significant impact on the national and/or international credit union movements within the past 10 years – or have a significant potential impact now. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement. Examples include financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization or program for innovative concepts and/or products/services that have made a significant impact with measured results on the national and/or international credit union movements.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated his/her life to promoting the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People.” This person must have created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has made a significant and lasting impact on the national and/or international credit union movements.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. Three steps to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form.
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by June 17.
> Click Here for the Nomination Form
The Herb Wegner Memorial Awards are named in honor of late CUNA CEO Herb Wegner, whose innovative ideas and deeds revolutionized the ways that credit unions serve their communities. The awards carry on Wegner’s spirit of “innovative, creative, risk-taking” leadership.
About the Wegner Awards: