Tom Dorety, President/CEO of Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union in Tampa, Fla., was recently elected to the board of the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF). Board elections took place at NCUF’s board meeting on December 18, 2013 and the terms are effective as of January 1, 2014.
“Tom is a longtime champion and supporter of the Foundation,” said Gigi Hyland, NCUF Executive Director. “I look forward to working with him and the NCUF board to improve people’s financial lives through our programs and grants.”
Dorety takes the board seat previously occupied by Rudy Hanley, President/CEO, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union in Santa Ana, Calif. The following individuals were re-elected at the meeting:
- Lee Butke, President/CEO of Corporate One FCU in Columbus, Ohio (NCUF Board Treasurer);
- Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas; and
- Winona Nava, President/CEO of Guadalupe Credit Union in Santa Fe, N.M. (NCUF Board Secretary).
The additional members of the NCUF board include:
- Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla. (Chairman);
- John Radebaugh, President/CEO of the North Carolina Credit Union League in Greensboro, N.C. (Vice Chairman);
- Bill Cheney, President/CEO of the Credit Union National Association in Washington, DC (President);
- John Graham, President/CEO of Kentucky Employees Credit Union in Frankfort, Ky.;
- John Gregoire, President of The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Joe Guilfoy, Executive Director of the Indiana Credit Union Foundation and Vice President of Consulting & Education at the Indiana Credit Union League in Indianapolis, Ind.;
- Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Mark Twisdale, EVP, Administrative Services, State Employees’ Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C.; and
- Edwin Williams, President/CEO of Discovery Federal Credit Union in Wyomissing, Pa.
The table officers were re-elected at NCUF’s most recent board meeting on January 6, 2014.
Diverse Structure of the Board
The 13 voting seats on the NCUF Board include representatives of natural person credit unions, national organizations serving credit unions, corporate credit unions, state credit union foundations, state leagues and an at-large position.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation is the US credit union movement's primary national philanthropic program provider, fundraiser and grant-maker, working to help consumers achieve financial freedom through credit unions. Through NCUF grants and programs, credit unions provide widespread financial education, create greater access to affordable financial services, and empower more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes.
NCUF is funded primarily by investments in the award-winning Community Investment Fund (CIF) and by generous Supporters led by the Credit Union National Association and CUNA Mutual Group. All NCUF donors provide support that empowers NCUF and state credit union foundations to make financial freedom achievable through credit unions.
The National Credit Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. NCUF continues to earn the Better Business Bureau seal of approval as an “Accredited Charity” for meeting all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.