Wegner Awards Nominations Open through June 17
Credit Union Supporters Encouraged to Nominate Individuals and Organizations for Movement's Highest Honors
All credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate visionary individuals and organizations they feel deserve the credit union movement’s highest national honors:
the 21st Annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards presented by the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF).
“The Foundation is calling for Wegner Awards nominations two months earlier than in previous years,” noted NCUF Executive Director Steve Delfin.
“We anticipate attendance at the Wegner Awards Dinner will again reach the Grand Hyatt’s seating capacity – so we plan to announce the award recipients two months earlier as well. Our plan is to begin taking reservations for the 2009 dinner as early as September 2008.”
Nominations Due by June 17 for 3 Awards:
- Individual Achievement Award – honors an unsung hero for innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that have made a significant impact on the national and/or international credit union movements within the past 10 years – or now have a significant potential impact. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement. Examples include financial literacy, service to the unserved or underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- Outstanding Organization/Program Award – honors an organization or business for innovative concepts and/or products/services that have made a significant impact with measured results on the national and/or international credit union movements.
- Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated his/her life to promoting credit union philosophy. This person must have created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has made a significant and lasting impact on the national and/or international credit union movements.
|Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations.|
Four Steps to Make a Nomination:
- 1) Click here to print out the Wegner Awards brochure and nomination form.
- 2) Fill out the nomination form.
- 3) Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- 4) Mail the nomination form and recommendation letters by June 17 to NCUF at 5710 Mineral Point Rd., Madison, WI 53705.
Awards Dinner: February 23, 2009 at Grand Hyatt Washington
|Awards will be presented at the 21st Annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards Dinner on February 23, 2009. For the second straight year, the dinner will take place at the Grand Hyatt Washington in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association’s 2009 Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, DC.|
The first Wegner Awards Dinner at the Grand Hyatt sold out all 1,100 seats.
About the Wegner Awards:
|The Herb Wegner Memorial Awards are named in honor of the late CUNA CEO Herb Wegner, whose tireless dedication, innovative ideas and deeds truly revolutionized the way that credit unions serve their communities. The awards that bear Wegner’s name honor his legacy and recognize his spirit of “innovative, creative, risk-taking” leadership.|