National Credit Union Foundation Premieres First-Ever Ad Campaign
|In July 2008, the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) premieres its first-ever advertising campaign.|
Ads will appear in leading credit union trade publications such as Credit Union Magazine, The Credit Union Journal, Credit Union Times, and Credit Union Business. Attendees at America's Credit Union Conference (ACUC) will see the first ad on July 1 in the ACUC Daily News.
You can see the first ad now; just click the photo on the right!
The intent of the ad campaign is to build awareness of how the Community Investment Fund (CIF) supports programs and grants that make a real impact on people's lives.
Each ad will include photos and quotes featuring credit union leaders who invest in CIF and support the entire credit union community as well as their own communities.
The first ad features Greater El Paso's Credit Union CEO Harriet May, winner of a 2008 Wegner Award. The ad shows a member who bought her first home through GECU with help from an NCUF grant program funded in part by the CIF.
As May says in the ad, “National Credit Union Foundation initiatives through the Community Investment Fund, including homeownership grants for members of Greater El Paso’s Credit Union, help make the American Dream a reality. That’s why we support NCUF.”
|The Community Investment Fund (CIF) is the National Credit Union Foundation's primary funding mechanism for national, state, and local programs benefiting credit unions and their members. A partnership of NCUF, the Corporate Credit Union Network, state credit union foundations and leagues, CIF is a unique, win/win/win investment opportunity.|
Investors in CIF through their corporate credit union donate up to 2% of the dividend to the National Credit Union Foundation. NCUF dedicates up to 1% to national programs:
• REAL Solutions®, empowering credit unions to offer new services that are proving effective in serving consumers who are struggling to save or build assets;
• Biz Kid$, the first PBS-TV series devoted to youth financial education and underwritten by America's Credit Unions;
• Credit Union Development Education, promoting cooperative principles and credit union philosophy to make a positive impact in communities around the world;
• Social Impact Management, making the business case for social responsibility initiatives that meet a “triple bottom line” benefiting credit unions, their members, and their communities;
• Innovation Grants, encouraging credit union innovations through creative grant-making.
• CUAid.coop, supporting the national online fundraising platform for credit union employees and members so that all disaster relief donations go toward grants.
NCUF grants up to 1% of CIF returns to the state credit union foundation or league in the state where each investment originated. States can use these CIF grants to:
• Educate credit union employees and volunteers;
• Educate credit union members and potential members;
• Support new credit unions, small credit unions, or community development credit unions;
• Extend credit union services to their full fields of membership;
• Fund affordable housing projects;
• Enhance league projects with similar missions;
• Build a statewide credit union disaster relief reserve.
For this unique way of distributing charitable donations, the CIF has earned the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Award for Excellence in Fundraising.