Biz Kid$ Webinar & Toolkit Promote Credit Unions' National TV Series
|Everyone interested in watching, promoting, or supporting the first national public television series sponsored by America’s Credit Unions, now has access to an online Biz Kid$ webinar and marketing toolkit.|
The webinar and toolkit were presented for Biz Kid$ sponsors on January 25 by the Washington Credit Union Foundation (WCUF) in partnership with the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF).
“We decided to make the Biz Kid$ materials available to all credit unions, state credit union foundations and leagues,” said Biz Kid$ Project Manager and WCUF Executive Director RoxAnne Kruger. “Our partners throughout the credit union system can help this financial education series reach millions of credit union members as well as students.”
Over 86 million American households – including nearly 220 million people over the age of two – can watch Biz Kid$ on 279 PBS stations in 43 states. The stations currently airing Biz Kid$ represent over 80% of America’s PBS stations. In February, more stations are expected to commit to broadcast the 26-episode series.
In the meantime, Kruger explained, “The webinar answers credit unions’ most commonly asked questions, and the toolkit offers options to promote the show in credit union lobbies, via mail and e-mail.”
From www.waleague.org, click Credit Union, then click the League’s Biz Kid$ page.
From www.ncuf.coop, click the Biz Kid$ banner, then click the links on the left margin.
Among the topics addressed on the webinar:
What is Biz Kid$?
- Overview of the Biz Kid$ project and partners...
National PBS Carriage
- Latest details on station carriage and broadcast dates/times...
- Distribution in analog, digital, HDTV...
- Benefits of national HD carriage...
- What the future holds, including analog and summer replacement shows...
Local Underwriting Opportunities
- How to secure local underwriting spots: who to call and how much does it cost?
- Credit union, league and foundation underwriting strategies in different regions...
National Underwriting Status
- America’s Credit Unions are the exclusive underwriters for Biz Kid$ with a $2.6 million commitment per season.
- For the first two seasons, a total of 26 episodes have been produced.
- What funding is needed now to wrap underwriting obligations?
Customizable Marketing Materials
- Brochures for both e-mail and print...
- Flyer and poster for lobby displays...
- Postcard for special mailings...
- Statement stuffer for monthly and quarterly mailings...
|Each of the marketing materials can be customized by credit union organizations to promote Biz Kid$ to their audiences. The files can be downloaded from the WCUF or NCUF websites, with space available to add the channel and air time for Biz Kid$ in each viewing market. Underwriting sponsors can also add a line proclaiming that they are a national / local sponsor of Biz Kid$.|