Teresa Halleck, David Mooney and Howard Spencer were recently elected to the National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) board of directors. The NCUF board of directors held a special election at its May 13, 2014 meeting after previously amending the NCUF bylaws to add the additional seats.
Joining the NCUF Board are:
- Teresa Halleck, President and CEO at San Diego County Credit Union, in San Diego, Calif.;
- David Mooney, President and CEO of Alliant Credit Union, in Chicago, Ill.; and
- Howard Spencer, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Northland Area FCU and the Michigan CU League, in Oscoda, Mich.
“I’m looking forward to working with Teresa, David and Howard to enhance NCUF’s fundraising capabilities and further our impact,” said Laida Garcia, NCUF Chair and President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla. “These three individuals bring a wealth of experience to the NCUF board which will go a long way to help NCUF improve more people’s financial lives through credit unions.”
Aside from the three new members, the NCUF board includes:
- Laida Garcia, President/CEO of floridacentral Credit Union in Tampa, Fla. (Chairman);
- John Radebaugh, President/CEO of the North Carolina Credit Union League in Greensboro, N.C. (Vice Chairman);
- Lee Butke, President/CEO of Corporate One FCU in Columbus, Ohio (NCUF Board Treasurer);
- Winona Nava, President/CEO of Guadalupe Credit Union in Santa Fe, N.M. (NCUF Board Secretary).
- Bill Cheney, President/CEO of the Credit Union National Association in Washington, DC (President);
- Tom Dorety, President/CEO of Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union in Tampa, Fla.;
- John Graham, President/CEO of Kentucky Employees Credit Union in Frankfort, Ky.;
- John Gregoire, President of The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Stan Hollen, President/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.;
- Angela McCathran, President/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, Corporate & Legislative Affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.;
- Mark Twisdale, EVP, Administrative Services, State Employees’ Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C.; and
- Edwin Williams, President/CEO of Discovery Federal Credit Union in Wyomissing, Pa.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) is the charitable arm of the US credit union movement and works as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions. Through NCUF grants and programs, credit unions provide widespread financial education, create greater access to affordable financial services, and empower more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes. Donations to the Foundation enable credit unions to help their members reach life-changing goals and achieve financial freedom.
The National Credit Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. NCUF continues to earn the Better Business Bureau seal of approval as an “Accredited Charity” for meeting all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.