National Credit Union Foundation Seeks Nominations for 2 Board Seats
- Credit Union Executive or Director – Each candidate must be and remain an executive officer or director of a credit union serving “natural persons.” The nominee elected to this seat will be asked to serve a term of three years.
- At-Large – Each candidate must be and remain a representative of an organization outside of the credit union system, such as a cooperative, that has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of NCUF. The nominee elected to this seat will be asked to serve a term of one, two, or three years. This term will be determined by the board at the time of the nominee’s election.
|Qualified candidates interested in applying for either of these board seats can click Volunteer for our Board, then click the resources in the left column.|
Applications must be received by Nov. 21, 2008.
Incumbents Running for Re-election
|Allan Kemp McMorris|
President and CEO, Oakland County Credit Union, Waterford, Mich.
Board Chairman, National Credit Union Foundation
McMorris has applied for the open Credit Union Executive seat.
“Serving on the NCUF board is an opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of credit union members across America,” McMorris reflected.
Partner, The Pro-Con Group, Ltd., Madison, Wis.
Board Member, National Credit Union Foundation
Gregoire is running for a second term in the At-Large seat.
Key Dates Upcoming
|NCUF’s Governance & Nominations Committee will review all candidates and recommend a slate of nominees to the NCUF board.|
The board will vote on the nominees in December.
In January 2009, board members will elect officers at the organizational meeting. This will mark the first of three face-to-face meetings planned for 2009:
- Organizational Meeting: Jan. 27 in New Orleans, La.
- Strategic Planning Session: date to be determined in Madison, Wis.
- Fall Board Meeting: Sept. 22 in Washington, D.C.
Board Structure Ensures Diversity
|The 13 voting seats on the NCUF Board include:|
- 7 natural-person credit unions
- 2 national organizations serving credit unions
- 1 corporate credit union
- 1 state credit union foundation
- 1 state credit union league
- 1 At-Large seat
About the National Credit Union Foundation (www.ncuf.coop):
|NCUF is the U.S. credit union movement’s primary national charitable and fundraising organization. In 28 years, NCUF has provided tens of millions of dollars' worth of programs and grants supporting its mission to promote consumers’ financial independence through credit unions.|
NCUF is grateful to all 650+ investors in the Community Investment Fund (CIF), as well as its 36 Corporate Supporters – led by CUNA, CUNA Mutual Group, the Corporate Credit Union Network, Harland Clarke, WesCorp, CO-OP Financial Services, Card Services for Credit Unions, Fidelity National Information Services, and Visa.
All NCUF donors provide support that empowers the national and state credit union foundations to make a real impact throughout the credit union community.
NCUF is an accredited charity with the Better Business Bureau seal of approval for meeting the Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.